Welcome!

Leave a comment! Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Chik Fil A 5k

Say WHAT?!?!?!?  You are telling me that YOU are gonna do a race? (hahahahahahahahaha).

Yeah, I am pretty sure that is what all my haters were saying :-). Nevertheless, just walking is fun but racing gets you T-SHIRTS! Ask my wife, I am a t-shirt junkie. I'm not there EVER to finish 1st, because I did that when I signed up. So back in May, Stevie walked with me on my 1st 5k. The Chik-Fil-A Connect Series Race. Guess what they had those COOL t-shirts that weren't cotton, like ummm, Dri-Fit or whatever!! I told you I was addicted LOL.



  The day of that race I weighed 405, my number was also 405 :-).

Yeahhhhh boyyyyyy!!! I just figured out how to do pictures!

So the race starts and I'm off like a lightning bolt(haha). Stevie is walking beside me. I'm out of 

breath by the first mile. Can anybody relate? Stevie had his secret backpack full of water and other 

treats. This was supposed to be an easy course!!!! As I walked I watched all the other members of 

our family (GYM, CoreFit Rx and Power Thru) pass me as I hadn't even got down to the turn 

around but I wasn't worried. I kept my composure and remembered that I was there for me, not 

anybody else. It was amazing at the end, everybody that ran came out and met me at the 3rd mile, in 

the home stretch. WE ALL CROSSED AT THE SAME TIME. I wasn't last, Stevie was by .02 

seconds :-)

One of the coolest things that happened that was that one that inspired me to really give weight 

loss a try without the gastric bypass(not knocking anybody who has or is going to have it) was 

waiting at the finish line after working all night at the fire department (Chad Sauls).


Well I will guarantee you one thing. I wasn't 405 after this race, only in the race results!

After the race, it was like everybody wanted to interview me. I was thinking I might not be 405 anymore but I'm still in the high 300's, LET ME CATCH MY BREATH!


I RAN THIS RACE IN HONOR OF MY UNCLE, BILL HEALAN, WHO LOST HIS LEG TO COMPLICATIONS FROM DIABETES. LOVE YOU, UNCLE BILL!


Finish time 59:47

No comments:

Post a Comment