Welcome!

Leave a comment! Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Planning the journey

In all of the athletics I have been involved in, I am the most excited about this change.  Sure, I loved the Pinewood Derby in the Boy Scouts, playing All-Stars in Rec ball, and even playing Varsity football.  I think it is because this journey is not so much about a team, but for me. Now don't get me wrong I still need a team to get through the harder times.



I am finding out that making time for exercise is time consuming in itself. I guess this is where you have to "dig" to get to the gym or just outside to walk around the block. I certainly hope I am not the only one that struggles with this :-).  So I have started walking, realizing that 2 years of inactivity have left my leg muscles in pretty bad shape.  Finding encouragement in some locals, we started a "Walking Club" at the gym. 



Walking around the block almost immediately started working on my depression symptoms. The more I was outside in the fresh air and enjoying the sunshine, my attitude had gotten better. Oh and what I forgot to mention in my first blog, I am on 18 pills a day, from blood pressure to morphine for pain.  I adopted a new phrase, "Walking is Therapy".



Go outside today. Be thankful that you made it that far.
"The journey of a thousand miles begins with 1 step"


No comments:

Post a Comment